Last Updated [May 19, 2021]
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
We collect personally identifiable information submitted voluntarily by you such as name, shipping address, email, address, telephone number, and company name, given to us when you register with the site or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the site, such as subscription to newsletters, promotional emails, and orders.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect and use certain information in the following ways:
- Web browser: Certain information collected from web browser include computer type, screen resolution, internet browser type, device type (desktop or mobile). This information is collected to ensure our services display and function properly throughout various browsers and devices.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files created by the websites you visit, that get stored on your computer by the web browser. They are used to make your online experience easier by using previous browsing information such as pages visited, revisiting pages, duration of time on pages, page clicks, interactions on a page (viewing videos, filling form), search history within the site. Cookie data is used to recognize visitor preferences which is then used to continue improving site design and functionality.
- Web beacons, pixel tags: Used on some site pages, all marketing-based e-mail messages, and landing pages, to track the actions of users and e-mail recipients to measure the success of our marketing campaigns.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us improve and optimize our site.
Some examples of how we use your personal information include:
- Generating analytics about how you browse and interact with the site, to assess the success of our marketing campaigns.
- Analytics on your interactions with our marketing e-mails (open rate, click through, perform call to action)
- For enhancing our products and services
- For enhancing user experience on the website
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected is shared between parent company Torvan Medical Inc and affiliates Torvan UNILAB, and Torvan Onsite.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site.
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ .
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation.
E-MAIL AND COMMUNICATIONS
All electronic marketing communications are complaint with CASL (Canada Anti-Spam Law).
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, we provide opportunity for you to withdraw consent at any time.
All marketing e-mails will contain an “Unsubscribe” link with directions to unsubscribe from our marketing e-mail list.
For more information about our privacy practices, or to reach out with questions, concerns or feedback, please contact us by email, at
406 Watline Avenue,
Canada L4Z 1X2